As a Vegas native and one of the youngest entrepreneurs and marketers running a massive local company, Christina Ellis seemed like the perfect person for our first addition of 21 Questions. Check out her answers below!
1) Do you have any hidden talents?
I paint whenever I have spare time. I always have a canvas and paints set up in my kitchen.
2) What’s your favorite cocktail?
Gin and soda
3) Are you a morning person or night owl?
Definitely a night owl
4) Favorite sports teams?
5) Go-to coffee order?
I’m so boring, all I drink is black coffee. Hot, cold, room temp, I’ll drink it.
6) Any new and exciting things that you would like to share about Ellis Island?
Yes! We have The Front Yard opening this summer! We’ve been working on this project for such a long time, and we’re so excited to share it with everybody. It’s a two-story beer garden with two new bar areas, a brand new menu, and space for live entertainment.
7) If you could fix or change one thing about Vegas, what would it be?
I’m excited to see how the arts develop here over the next decade or so. That’s one area where there’s a ton of opportunity for growth, and collaboration. There are so many people doing cool things in the arts community right now, and it’s set such a great foundation for what’s to come.
8) What’s one thing you know now that you wish you had known as a kid?
Nobody is actually cool in middle school
9) If you could eat lunch with one famous person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?
10) What’s your best advice for up and coming Vegas entrepreneurs or marketers?
Don’t just talk about it, be about it.
11) What will you be working on 10 years from now?
Hopefully more of the same, just in bigger and better ways!
12) What’s your absolute favorite thing in the world to do?
I’m on a real travel kick right now! I love planning trips, and doing the research to find the best places to eat and hang out while I’m out of town.
13) Favorite TV Show or Movie right now?
Netflix’s Russian Doll
14) Favorite place to eat outside of Ellis Island or Village Pub?
My parents’ house for Sunday night dinner, but Other Mama is a close second.
15) How many alarms do you set to wake up in the morning?
I have an alarm set every 15 minutes between 6:30am and 7:45am, and I snooze them every time they go off (see question 3).
16) What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid?
For awhile I really wanted to be a set designer for broadway shows. I also wanted to be an ice skater at one point, which is weird because I think I’ve been ice skating like 3 times in my life.
17) What’s your fondest memory of growing up in Vegas?
I was born and raised in Las Vegas, and so were both my parents. Growing up our entire family was here, the majority of us still live here. Las Vegas for me is synonymous with family, so I connect Las Vegas to growing up, being surrounded by people that I love.
18) If you could live anywhere in the world other than Vegas, where would it be?
Probably Minneapolis or Chicago, but I already know I could never handle that much snow!
19) What’s one instagram or social media account you think everyone in Vegas should follow?
@VitalVegas on twitter. If you like being the first to know about things happening in Vegas, this is the account for you. If Instagram is more your speed, @vintage_las_vegas is my favorite everyday throwback account
20) What are 3 things you look for in everyone you hire?
Positive attitude, self motivated, and they have to be excited about not just the job they’re applying for now, but where it could take them in the future.
21) What’s your number one vacation spot outside of Vegas?
At least once a year I go to the Pacific Northwest. My grandparents have a cabin outside of Portland, OR that we visited growing up. Definitely one of my favorite places in the world.
Get more vegas news
Subscribe to our newsletter today!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.