As many of you already know, we love spending time highlighting the most interesting people in Vegas, which is why we’re so stoked that Shelby Vert, Vegas based style and beauty blogger slash entrepreneur and hustler took the time to answer our 21 questions this time around.
As always, these strategically crafted questions offer us an authentic peek into the world of one of the people shaping the tastes of Las Vegas locals on social media and inspiring us all to step up our insta-game. Check out her answers below!
1. Do you have any hidden talents?
I can clean super fast – is that a talent? I can also organize anything like Marie Kondo.
2. What’s your favorite cocktail?
Anything fresh tasting with cucumber in it, the cucumber martini at STK to be exact.
Or a red wine.
3. Are you a morning person or night owl?
I used to be a night owl, but I’ve turned into a morning person for sure! We wake up around 6:30 a.m. every day and I’m usually asleep by 10:00-11:00 p.m.
4. Favorite sports teams?
Vegas Golden Nights for Hockey, Angels for Baseball, and Lakers for Basketball!
5. Go-to coffee order?
Iced Vanilla Latte with almond milk.
6. Any new and exciting things that you would like to share about your business?
I hosted my first blogger event at Daniel’s Coffee & More in Silverado Ranch last week and it was so fun! I plan to host a few of these a year and bring the blogger community together for a fun night of photos, food and networking.
We also have a few fun U.S. trips planned working with some hotels and restaurants, I can’t wait to share it with everyone!
7. If you could fix or change one thing about Vegas, what would it be?
A lot of local businesses don’t know that there are over 50 Las Vegas lifestyle and food bloggers that would love to be hosted and share positive words about restaurants and experiences throughout Las Vegas. My readers and followers are constantly asking about recommendations for when they come to visit. Off-strip dining is growing and an event or hosted dinner can bring a crazy amount of awareness to local businesses!
8. What’s one thing you know now that you wish you had known as a kid?
You will go through a phase that you think you don’t need your parents anymore, then as you get older you will have so much more respect for them. When I was 17 I went through that phase, and that’s a few years that I won’t be able to take back. I appreciate my parents so much and would do anything for them!
9. If you could eat lunch with one famous person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?
John Krasinski. I’ve watched every episode of The Office over 5 times and have seen most of his movies. He seems like such a down to earth guy and I’m a big fan.
10. What’s your best advice for up and coming Vegas entrepreneurs, marketers and/or bloggers?
Vegas is growing very, very fast! Go to as many events as you can, hand out your card, don’t be afraid to say “hi” to strangers because you never know who will need your services! Referrals and names spread like wildfire in this city. Collaboration over Competition.
11. What will you be working on 10 years from now?
Hmm, this is a good one. Something in-between keeping up with my blog, starting a podcast, raising little ones and assisting Kyle with his entrepreneur ventures! I would love to do some consulting on the side for home organization transformations.
12. What’s your absolute favorite thing in the world to do?
Spend time with Kyle on vacation and experience new restaurants together without a schedule to follow.
13. Favorite TV Show or Movie right now?
My favorite TV Show has always been The Office – but recently I’ve been loving anything on HGTV because we started looking at houses to buy (or flip!) here in town. The Food Channel is also another favorite!
14. Favorite place to eat in Vegas?
This is hard! For dinner North Italia or Eataly at Park MGM.
15. How many alarms do you set to wake up in the morning?
Just 1! Kyle and I use the same alarm which is really nice! I’ve been a light sleeper my whole life. I will literally wake up to a text vibration from my phone.
16. What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid?
I changed my mind a lot, I wanted to do hair for a while. Then I wanted to do wedding florals.
17. What’s your fondest memory of building a business in Vegas?
My business is my blog.. So, a huge moment for me was collaborating with the MGM International team for the first time. They are such a huge name and I felt honored that they reached out to me.
18. If you could live anywhere in the world other than Vegas, where would it be?
Scottsdale, AZ. We are also really excited to visit Nashville, TN and possibly Houston, TX this year so we will see how we enjoy these cities! You can see the behind the scenes of everything on shelbytristin.com
19. What’s one instagram or social media account you think everyone in Vegas should follow?
There is no way I could pick just one! I’m going to have to go with @thevegaspost for all things Vegas! (We didn’t plant this. She’s just being super nice.)
20. What are 3 things you look for in everyone you work with?
- “Did they even look at my blog or social media?” I think this to myself multiple times a day. I’ll get collaboration requests from baby brands, I don’t have children. It takes 30 seconds to glance at my platforms to know this.
- Response time. I know everyone is busy and has personal things going on, but if you can’t reply to an email after 2-3 days, I probably won’t proceed. Communication is key!
- If they have an e-mail signature. Haha, it sounds lame but if you have no contact phone number or website that I can refer to I lose interest.
21. What’s your number one vacation spot outside of Vegas?
Maui, Hawaii! We were able to go in March this year and it truly is the definition of paradise.
Get more vegas news
Subscribe to our newsletter today!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.