Las Vegas is known as the entertainment capital of the world, attracting over 40 million tourists and revellers each year. Concert residencies have been a staple in Las Vegas since the days of Liberace and Frank Sinatra, while many other iconic performance artists have gone on to try their hands at residencies in the biggest Vegas casinos, often resulting in astonishing success.
Betway, a leading provider of first-class entertainment across sports betting, casino, bingo and poker has created a showstopping infographic revealing the top eight most successful casino acts in Las Vegas. This features legendary musicians such as Elvis and Elton John, alongside magicians David Copperfield and Siegfried and Roy, with some staggering statistics to match.
Here are some of the jaw-dropping findings:
- Celine Dion made $229,086,433 from 418 shows at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace
- Siegfried & Roy performed 5,750 times before Roy was mauled by a tiger live on stage
- David Copperfield makes $50 million a year at the MGM Casino
- Elvis reignited his career at the International Hotel, performing 636 times
- Jennifer Lopez grossed over $1 million from a single show on August 16th 2016
With Lady Gaga soon to join the ranks of Elvis and Britney Spears, in a $75 million deal, it’s clear that the stages of Vegas’ casinos have lost none of their allure for the stars. Entertainment in the gambling capital of the States is entering a new era and reaching younger audiences than ever before. With a reputed $1 million per show, it won’t be long before Lady Gaga hits the heights of the all-time top Vegas earners featured in Betway’s infographic.