With election tampering, soft target attacks, critical infrastructure protection, natural disasters and continuity of operations making headlines daily, the Global Security Exchange (GSX) show looks to bring more than 20,000 operational and cyber security professionals from around the globe to Las Vegas to address these issues and more Sept. 23-27.
GSX, the security industry’s flagship event, will deliver an unparalleled education program including 350+ sessions as well as an exhibit floor transformed into a learning lab environment, featuring immersive experiential learning opportunities. Additionally, the GSX Security Cares program directly gives back to the Las Vegas community by providing free education to address school violence prevention and response; panelists include Las Vegas law enforcement, government, mental health, and security professionals.
Fareed Zakaria, Global Thinker, Columnist, CNN Host
The Forces of Global Change: Thriving in an Era of Transformation (Monday, September 24, 8:00-9:30AM)
Scott Klososky, Founder and Principal, TriCorps Technologies
Digital Transformation and Security: Managing at Breakneck Speed (Tuesday, September 25, 8:30-10:00AM)
Major General Bradley D. Spacy, Commander, U.S. Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center; and Major General Peter E. Gersten, Commander, U.S. Air Force Warfare Center
Changing Landscape, Evolving Culture: The Air Force Approach to Innovation and Partnership (Wednesday, September 26, 8:30-10:00AM)
K.T. McFarland, Former Deputy National Security Advisor, Trump Administration
Security First in a Rapidly Changing World (Thursday, September 27, 8:30-10:00AM)
- The GSX D3 Experience features demos of drone, droid and counter-UAV defense system technologies—including a Rogue Drone Shoot Down Demo and Robotics, UGVs and Artificial Intelligence panel
- New X Learning Stages will house discussions and hands-on demos showcasing technologies like AI, blockchain, robotics and wearables that are reshaping entire industries. Attendees will walk away with a better understanding of the risks and opportunities inherent in these applications
- Security Cares events feature Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Deputy Chief Andrew Walsh, City of Las Vegas Ward 4 Councilman Stavros Anthony, and Clark County mental health psychologist Sheldon Jacobs among other security experts addressing school safety:
- School Security: Beyond the Headlines free global live stream panelTuesday, September 25, 12:30–1:30PM
- School Violence Prevention and Preparedness Program Wednesday, September 26, 9:00AM–12:00PM
A selection of sessions, out of 350+, of specific interest to the Las Vegas community:
- The Growing Threat to America’s Cyber Infrastructure Monday, September 24, 2:15-3:30PM
- Reducing Soft Target Risks Monday, September 24, 2:15-3:30PM
- Hardening Concerts and Special Events in a New Era Monday, September 24, 3:45-5:00PM
- The SAFETY (Support Anti-Terrorism by Fostering Effective Technology) Act and the MGM LawsuitTuesday, September 25, 11:00AM-12:15PM
- The Changing Face of Nightclub SecurityTuesday, September 25, 11:00AM-12:15PM
- Analyzing a Casino Active Shooter ThreatWednesday, September 26, 4:00-4:30PM
Additional Show Features
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Media Roundtable Wednesday, September 26, 10:45AM
- Scott Breor, Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary for Infrastructure Protection (IP); and Amy Graydon, Deputy Director of the Infrastructure Security Compliance Division; will be available to answer questions on topics related to securing critical infrastructure, both physical and cyber—among them chemical security, election hacking, soft targets, and school security.
- Career HQ Wednesday and Thursday
- Local Las Vegas job seekers will have access to resume reviews, a headshot studio, career coaching, professional development sessions, networking opportunities with employers and peers, and an industry career fair—all free.
- Military/Law Enforcement Appreciation DayWednesday, September 26
- Active duty and veteran military and enforcement personnel can attend the conference for free.